Sunday, May 25, 2014

Saturday

Tinka's vet day.  I didn't tell her but did keep her inside after she'd had her breakfast (but not her insulin - luckily I had remembered that she wasn't to have it).  She cooperated by going back to bed in M's room - to bad if Pearl had wanted to use it this morning.  Once I had her in the cage (which I carried in ever so quietly), Pearl was ultra interested and followed us out to the car - and then parked herself on the ground behind it.  I assured her that Tinka would be okay and she would be home soon.  I remembered to cover her cage with a cloth for the drive in - and lined her cage - and we were there exactly at 8am.  She cried most of the way in.  Luckily, we didn't have to wait long ... they saw her first up - weighed her (she'd gained 100g - they were happy about that), took some blood (it took her a couple of times), she was 21.5 - higher than they wanted but no doubt elevated because of the stress of the blood taking.  The good news is that she no longer has the ear fungus so we don't have to give her the ear drops any more (and there was great rejoicing throughout the land).  Her insulin has been increased to 10.  On the way home, she was crying a little bit - so I picked up the corner of the cloth to check her .... and she stopped crying - so I left it up for the rest of the trip home. 

She was good going through the drive-thru at Maccas too - she understood that we needed to to pick up Hotcakes for Sooz's breakfast.  We had almost gone to breakfast with Syl and An but we didn't quite get there ... but we did get to see them later today when they popped over to Latimers to do more "stables stuff".  It was funny actually, when Mac's guy came to do some clearing yesterday, he asked her if she was the "lady of the house" - she responded with no, she was the "lady of the stables".

I did manage to get to shooting today even though it looked as though there would only be the 8:30 session to go to. Syl had offered An to take Tinka to the vet, but since I know how stressed Tinka gets, I wanted to take her myself.  When I rang after Tinka and I made it home, the Club said I could do the ISSF match at 11 - so off I went ... only to find the match wasn't on until 1.  Rob offered to give me some coaching if I was interested - yes please - so we did that for the next 45 minutes.  Then - lunch - a $3 BBQ at the Club ... and then on to the match. I was one of 7 - and it was a real eye-opener. There were 12 rounds of 5 shots each.  In the first four you had 150 second for five shots; then in the next 4 - 20 seconds, and then the last 4 ... 10 seconds.  I didn't do too badly though. This was the first time I had shot holding the pistol with one hand, over 25m, so I was quite pleased that I hit the bullseye 3 times (out of 60 bullets).  I really loved it  ... and am looking forward to next week's Kindy.  Syl did ISSF Kindy today and she loved it too.

While I went off to do Swipestakes at The Big House, and to put those points on M's card - Syl and An were off at Latimers - doing whatever it is that Syl does out there now that they have the caravan ready for their trip. We had a cup of tea when Syl was finished - and that kept her up most of the night because it wasn't decaf.  Apparently we do have it here (I think M must have made sure it was in stock).  

Even though the dance was on tonight, no-one was up for it.  Sooz and I stayed in (well, it was Saturday night) and Syl and An took themselves off to the Advancetown Hotel for dinner!

The furries are all good and they didn't mind the early night either - or going in to watch a DVD with Sooz in the bedroom - she has to watch there now because after many many years of faithful service, the television has finally given up ... while Australian Story was on.  That makes two now ... first the microwave, now the television ... I just hope the third thing is something small-ish.  


No comments:

Post a Comment