Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Monday

Busy busy busy. Just as well I didn't go in early otherwise it would have been a much bigger day. End of month is always like that though - and this is my first EOM with the Southbound Extension. Of course, it doesn't help that Le left without a handover on Friday ... but we do what we have to do.

M was kind enough to bring Sooz into Maccas with her this evening, and I picked her up from there. I had meant to leave work on time but there were a couple of jobs I knew if I finished today, would make it much easier for us to get a go-on in the morning. This won't be possible in a couple of weeks though - so I'm starting to look at ways to improve my system now ... just in case they are not able to find a Le replacement this week!

Trivia was great although we were a couple short as St and Ni were off in Port Douglas, celebrating their wedding anniversary. Luckily they texted to remind us - even though I had made to make a mental note (it didn't stick) when Ni mentioned it at the Markets a couple of weeks ago. It will be good to have them back ... although hopefully they were pleased to hear that we managed a second without them. There was only one point in it though - so, who knows, with them we very well could have managed a first! Still, it was great to be on the podium after not having been there for a couple of weeks!

Sooz and M did Aqua today and called in to The Big House afterwards for the great Swipestakes which is (are?) on again until the end of June. There have been a couple of wins so far (thanks M) but we're not going to have as many chances once M jets off overseas with Mouse. Hmmm ... I wonder how much longer it will take for me to get home if I go via The Big House each day. Would it be worth it? More consideration required.

There was some cat action at Latimers this afternoon As Sooz was waiting to come out she noticed two furry things come belting through the gate, at speed. It turned out to be Tinka and Maggie - I can't remember who was in the lead (that's a better way of saying "which one was chasing the other") but Sooz wondered if they were being chased by something ... or if it is Maggie who is causing Tinka's mystery injuries. When I checked her this evening, Tinka didn't appear to have any new ones - and the ones she does have appear to be healing nicely.

Pearl seems to be very much enjoying having the rug back ... it certainly does give her more room to eat her cookies. Word on the street is that there might be another one on the way for the other part of the living room - from Mouse. They do help to make the room seem warmer - especially given that we have just had the coldest day in May for ... I'm not sure how long. It was definitely cold in the office though - for the first time since I started I wore my sleeves not rolled up. I wouldn't have minded having a shirt on underneath it either. And, to cap it off, there is not hot water in the office - only cold water or boiling water ... so there wasn't even a chance to warm my hands up! D'oh. Still ... a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment