Monday, May 5, 2014

Sunday

It was good to talk with Tr again this morning - it has been a while - before Easter. We were on our way to Toowoomba on Easter Sunday - and I was sick last week - so we had much to talk about. She had some interesting thoughts on the happenings in New South Wales government issues especially the resignation of Barry O'Farrell.

M had already left for the Markets by the time I had finished the call and finished getting ready. When I went in to ask Sooz if she was ready, she didn't look at all ... committed. I asked if she wanted to stay home. "Could I?" she asked - and almost as soon as I said yes, she was undressed and was back in bed.

It was icy cold outside - even though the thermometer in Lars said it was 21 ... lies, lies, lies ... but, of course, it was the wind chill factor. Jumpers were out all over the place today - especially at the Markets. I met Baba in the car park and he pointed to my jumper and asked "what's this?" and I pointed to his and said "same as you". The only person who wasn't wearing winter clobber was Mi who was in t-shirt and shorts. When M asked him if he was wearing a singlet - he pulled up his shirt to show off his bare stomach (and six-pack) and said "this is my singlet".

Pearl sat on the rug.

There were extra folk at the Markets today so the table was quite huge - probably bigger than it had to be but that was okay. It would have been better if it had been outside though - being inside and with the wind howling through - even though Flam had done his best to rig up a windbreak - it was more than cold.

As I was leaving, I stepped into the sunshine and instantly felt warmer. Then I heard a voice calling me ... and it was Fl and Mi who were already sitting at table out in the sunshine - it had been too cold inside for them.

I made a quick stop at OfficeWorks on the way home - to get some supplies for work - hopefully it will make it easier to keep track of orders, dockets and invoices - and to the supermarket to pick up a surprise for Sooz.

Then it was home - in time to have a cuppa with Syl and An who turned up to drop some things off. They checked the tyre on M's trailer as well - pumping it up - and diagnosing a leaking valve. Since Syl didn't have the tools handy to fix it, she left their trailer in case M needed to use one. They also brought back the rug for the living area - so Pearl will have that to eat her treats on now - rather than the door mat. It will be warmer in her bare tummy for Winter as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment