Thursday, May 15, 2014

Wednesday

Equal Second is definitely much better than equal Fifth. We were playing Trivia at the Tallai Country Golf Club and we were six tonight. I don't think we made a bad fist of it - even though we didn't come anywhere near getting the Jackpot questions right - but no-one else won the Jackpot either - so there's still $840 up for grabs next week!

It was another day at work - where we finally got some clarity about how Head Office wants the account process to happen - most of it we are already doing so that shouldn't be a big adjustment. The good news is that we learnt some shortcuts with the accounting package so that will make the whole data entry side of it a little faster ... we just have to think about how we do the entries - what wording we use - to allow us to interrogate the data down the track if we need to.

It rained again today - more at Latimers than at work - but it was still spitting as I drove home.

I was pleasantly surprised as I drove in this evening to find the Christmas lights on ... it's usually me who puts them on - or M when she is going out - but she was still at home ... and there were the lights ... which I couldn't see from higher up the hill, but when I drove in the gate, they were on. M was still at home - and it turns out it was her that had turned them on (when they heard the car coming?) - but in any case it was fantastic - and I made sure I thanked them - and Sooz is going to put it on the list of things for her to do while M is away. Thank you - it makes it feel like "coming home" when the Chrissy lights are on - to me anyway.

Br socks and boots

I went to clear out work's post office box today and was stunned to find a mobile coffee van set up - and operating - in Australia Post's carpark. I didn't get one - I was on my way to Maccas (double click Wednesday) - but others were. It's a great idea - have people who are coming there anyway - and offer them a quick coffee to take with them.

Br (from Head Office) is still with us this week - and she is taking precautions to make sure she doesn't fall foul of the fauna by tucking her jeans into her socks. It would be interesting to know if Ja, who was also bitten by a bitey thing and had to go to hospital too earlier this week, is taking similar precautions.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment