Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday

It's a little hard to give up my time at Maccas in the morning to go in to work early - but I chose to this morning so I could get a jump on the final figures for EOM. It was worth it - almost - it would have been more worth it if I had remembered AC was coming in later this morning - which meant I was dealing with folk arriving at the front desk, including our new helper from Head Office... yes, I know these interruptions are actually part of the business!... but it's hard to concentrate when you can't stay in "the zone". But we got there! And all by 10 o'clock so that was a bit of a bonus!

Ben's Banana Bread

As was the Banana Bread that Ben produced just before lunchtime. He had cut and arranged it much better than I could ever have done! Br, the helper from Head Office, didn't last the day with us. She went out for a walk at lunchtime, was bitten by something, had an allergic reaction and we ended up having to take her to hospital where they took her bloods, gave her an ECG, dosed her with adrenalin and something else ... and then decided to keep her in overnight for observation! You just never know what a day has in store for you!

Believe it or not, Sooz and I did not make it to The Big House again this evening. She had taken sausages out for dinner - but we ended up shelving them for Friday - and having leftover spaghetti from last night ... why is it that it always tastes better the second day?

Pearl enjoying MC

Sooz had a busy day on the phone today - she had a chat with the Kyogles (it was Mi's birthday), and she took a call from my Mum who was, ostensibly, ringing for a curry recipe, but we think it may have been about coming down to stay in a couple of weeks. As it turned out, that didn't come up. Sooz also went to Aqua today - An kindly came out and gave her a lift in, and then a lift back.

The sun was not yet up when Pearl and I went for our walk down the lane this morning. It's still getting darker in the mornings - and will continue to until 21 June and the Solstice. Just as well there are torches ... although Pearl seems to be able to see quite well in the dark. She does appear to be missing her mother though - or just be in a walking mood - she ran out to meet me when I arrived home this evening (just as it was getting dark) and as much as asked to go for a walk - possibly because she knew there was either a treat or dinner at the end of it. So, I obliged - and had to use my (keyring) torch for the last bit across the lawn to the house - doesn't hurt to be on the lookout for little leavings.

Maggie

And speaking of that, I cannot believe that in the three times I have checked the tray since M left - last night, this morning and this evening - there has been nothing in the tray! I knew putting in those gardens was a good idea!

It's getting colder too - I went to call Tinka in this evening - but was stunned when she came from somewhere inside - she was ready for lockdown obviously ... so I did what I could to oblige her ... it seemed only fair since Maggie was in one of those revolving door moods again this evening. She finally settled though - on the couch with Sooz - and we all watched "MasterChef" together - although we can't do it in real time anymore ... there are so many ads that there seems to be more of them than program. That can't be right can it? And when I say "we all watched", I think the furries actually spent most of the time dozing.

Tinka ... sleeping

Did I mention that when I went to use the microwave to heat up some of Mouse's soup the other night, it stopped working. The lights went out but I didn't see any of the magic smoke escaping. Anyway, I went out to the garage to find our microwave and there it was ... except I'd obviously removed the glass plate and put it somewhere for safe keeping. I've contacted an online warehouse to see if they can find a replacement plate - I know it is in the shed somewhere but until I clear it out properly (and we know the snake isn't there any more) - I don't want to go through all the boxes looking for it. Luckily, Syl and An, fresh from moving their goods and chattals from PI, have a spare which we have gratefully borrowed in the meantime - and An dropped it off today when she delivered Sooz home after swimming.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment