Monday, May 12, 2014

Thursday

I'm not saying it was early when I got up this morning, I'm just saying that the crickets were still chirping. The birds didn't wake up until quite a while later. Quite a while. Pearl though jumped up to follow me out of the bedroom and straight to the back door and out. She didn't stay there though… she may have but I didn't have the heart to leave her outside while Maggie and Tinka had their little cat food broth breakfast … so she came inside and waited on the other side of the kitchen island; then she and I went for our walk. It is quite wonderful walking down the lane with the horses on either side of the roadway. sometimes they wander over to say hello and have a pat but today wasn't one of those days. Even the little blue finches were sleeping in or worming elsewhere!

It was a more exciting drive in than usual today. I had turned at the traffic lights near the high school into the path of a car on my side of the road. I honked my horn as I pulled to the left and it veered back on to its side; I've never been so glad I was paying complete attention to what I was doing.

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful by comparison … and I didn't mind that - which is not to say that nothing else happened, just that it didn't leave me shaken!

Br, our Head office Helper, was released from hospital this morning - and went straight home (on Brisbane's north side). She may or may not be back tomorrow, depending on how she feels. She wasn't looking amazingly well today though. Ah well, if we don't have her, maybe Head Office will send us someone else - that's if they want to risk life and limb coming to site.

The television at Maccas has been changed from “Today” in the mornings to “Sunrise” - which is how I came to be watching the lead-up to Cosentino (the magician) preparing to do his new “30-second escape from the crate falling on flaming steel spikes” trick. I was tempted to ring M and let her know but in the end I decided not to because she would probably still be at the Buffet breakfast. As it turns out, she wasn't …. she was watching “Sunrise” before going out for her breakfast in the city. And, yes, Cosentino did survive - by teleporting himself through time and space … or maybe just space.

M caught an early flight back from Sydney (after her original, booked flight was cancelled) and Mouse picked her up from the airport - then Sooz and I met them both for dinner at Zen at The Big House. We also managed to swipe the cards but - alas - no-one won anything. Better luck tomorrow … and the next day … and the next day …

Dinner at Zen was good - fantastic in fact - and while M ordered the dishes she normally does, Sooz also chose one - a lemony Chicken thing. There's nothing like variety! And, of course, the water was good - although I would posit that it wasn't quite as excellent as it usually is. After dinner, Mouse went home, Sooz went to play with Dolly Parton (one of the new machines TBH has put in) and M and I went upstairs for a cup of coffee and a round of Numbers.

Then it was time for home where the furries gave M a big welcome after her days away in Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment