Saturday, September 6, 2014

Friday

There was a balloon flying low over the valley this morning - I heard it long before I saw it - the whoosh of the burners as it filled the ballon with .... appropriately enough ... hot air. I thought about following it (again) but decided that it was probably better going to work; afterall, I had last Friday off for show day. But that was good too because at about 10 minutes to three, Ch asked what I thought the boss would say if she just went into his office and said "see you Monday". As luck would have it, he walked over a few minutes later and she could find out herself ... and when Ma didn't seem averse to the idea, I put my two cents in. Result: two early marks ... gratefully received.

Of course, it was one of those days in the office when we say farewell to one of the engineers ... Aj (Ma's brother) this time. He is off to start his own business ... an electronics mega-store which will begin operations in India next month and then hopefully here in Australia not long after. It's an online store, similar to a Kogan, and Aj will be offering substantial discounts. Hmmm ... finally someone to approach regarding all the electronic gizmos we have heard about but not been able to buy at a "good" price.

Well, I did get off to air pistol this evening. I met Syl there just after 5:30 (after a brief interlude at home) and thanks to M and Mouse, Sooz wasn't a pistol widow. They all went to see "Boyhood" at the Gold Coast Arts Centre ... a movie filmed over about 12 years with the same main cast. Sooz really enjoyed it and even though it was three hours long she has said she would see it again with me if I wanted to.

I enjoyed shooting, although I would have enjoyed it more had I done a bit better. I was fine in the "lining up the sights" time but after that it seemed my aim or eye or something was absolutely right off. Ah well, I think I shot better than last time - 253 as opposed to a 170-something, so it was better but not the best I wanted to do.

After shooting, I took myself for a walk around OfficeWorks (because one does) before dropping in to Maccas for a burger and a drink ... and then home ... for an uncharacteristically early night (my first this week I think) ... because I want to be bright and alert for tomorrow's shooiing ... since Sooz and An are off to breakfast and then Bingo at the Southport RSL.

The big news is that Choo Choo Ma Ma has had her foul - a wee chestnut filly. Ca (who is now undergoing rehabilitation but is still in hospital) has posted pics on FaceBook.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment