Saturday, September 6, 2014

Thursday

Maggie came for a walk down the lane with Pearl and I this morning and at one point there she was making better time than Pearl. Does this mean Pearl is more inquisitive about her surroundings - taking time to savour the scents and sights she encounters along the way - or just that she dawdles? Or a bit of both? I know she doesn't usually complain when I stop along the way to take photographs and/or look for the plovers. And speaking of the Plovers they have been staying fairly close to home - yesterday morning they were on the lawn ... and, as is usually the way, by the time I came back with the camera, the chicks had ducked in under Mum again. We think there are still three although they did have a tough night last night. M was saying she went out twice to check on them.

Sooz's homegrown lettuce

Maggie was out when I started moving around this morning - her mother had let her out her door earlier. I had thought it odd when she want hanging around the door waiting to go out - but as soon as Pearl came in, so did Maggie. I like to think she was out looking at Sooz's gardening achievements ... the lettuce is amazing!

The good news is that the reporting for EOM is done, so it's another three weeks before we have to get into that headset again.

Sooz had a quiet day today as she didn't feel absolutely well. I'm hoping she isn't coming down with something but she thinks she's okay.

Dinner at TBH tonight was good(thanks M) and Zen wasn't nearly as busy as we'd thought it would be. M made the mistake of giving me cards for the great Swipestakes. The only good news is (or is it?) that I was amazingly consistent in that my swiping. returned zip, nil, nada, nothing - you get the idea. Hopefully M has better luck tomorrow. Thankfully Roulette was a bit better and stakes are still intact.s

 

No comments:

Post a Comment