Sunday, September 14, 2014

Friday

It was great to hear today that Mouse had had her licence renewed for five years yesterday, I think she had been a little nervous about it ... as most independent 88 year-olds would be ... but she passed with flying colours ... and the only thing they wanted to know was how she managed to not look her age! And, Mouse had gone off by herself to do it - even though M had offered to take her.

M was having her own adventures of course. She had JP detail this morning and at some point on one of walks through the Australia Fair centre she had chanced upon a ticket seller. He was selling raffle tickets ... or was he asking for donations? It was a bit unclear ... but M could have know that from the start when she asked what the charity was ... and he pointed to his ears ... ahhh, for the deaf. But whether he was deaf or not was unclear ... was the price of the $50 ticket tax deductible, did the tickets come in lesser denominations ... the questions could have gone on. In the end M made her donation/investment/ticket purchase and ... we know this because in the car on the way home from dinner at Mouse's she pulled it out of her pocket. Hmmm, I thought, there is a short story in that!

Breathe innnnn ..

Dinner at Mouse's was fantastic ... borscht and cabbage rolls, mashed potato, coleslaw and mushroom sauce ... followed by rhubarb crumble and ice cream. We were seven tonight ... Syl, An, Fl, Mouse, M, Sooz and I ... and of course, Number Eight was Prince who has still another week's holiday with Mouse before his parents come home.

I was pretty happy too today because Ma gave Ch and I an early mark* ... in preparation of what are going to be a few busy weeks since EOM is almost upon us yet again. I do not know where the time goes! Except possibly on packing ... Sooz is in the thick of the bedroom now and ... I had to admit it ... but I haven't been in the shed again yet this week!

* Yes, and no early mark is complete without a trip to OfficeWorks, this time to pick up packing tape, storage boxes, and a small Lego wall to house my DVD collection. It wasn't as happy a visit as it could have been though, when I was ready to leave I found that I was parked in ... which was quite amazing since we were about the only two cars in the more than 50-space lot.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment