Sunday, September 28, 2014

Thursday

Fridge in

Morning came too soon! I managed to get myself to bed around midnight moderately confident that we were ready for morning - as long as I was up early enough to do some last-minute things because today was Moving Day!

Moving times

The movers arrived on time at 7am (truly … what was I thinking when I booked in for first appointment of the day?) and they were fantastic. The only hiccough was at first when they weren't sure everything was going to fit on to their truck but through masterful packing (was that the music from Tetris that I kept hearing) and a realisation that they weren't taking all the furniture and other goodies from Latimers.

Moving in

The guys were great … they carried all the boxes to and into the truck - and out again - by hand, saying that it was faster … and they certainly did move along at a rate of knots.

I ended up leaving Latimers much earlier than planned - as soon as I received a call from Harvey Norman saying they were on the way with the couches and would arrive in about half an hour. So I left Sooz (and M) to it and drove at a hasty but within the speed limit pace to Jannie - just beating the delivery folk there so I had time to open up the side doors to allow easy access.

It wasn't long before Sooz rang to say that Tony and Zane were on their way with the truck - and during that time I had calls with the guys delivering the other appliances. Everything came as planned - and by early afternoon, everyone had been and gone and I had staged the house so the boxes for unpacking (but not immediately) were stored in the office area, the second bedroom and the garage. The "important" boxes were in the master bedroom or the bathrooms.

Well done Syl!

Syl came around this afternoon to put the bed back together again and help us move the mattress on … voila … done and ready! Of course, we weren't using it tonight. M had offered us a night at The Big House and we happily took her up on that … it meant Sooz would be able to stay there tomorrow and just have a big rest post-move!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment