Sunday, September 28, 2014

Saturday

Today was our first day of waking up at Jannie - if you don't count the short naps we had on Thursday - Sooz on the couch and me on the table (actually "at" the table). It was great ... and not just because I was able to sleep in because I wasn't planning to go shooting. Instead, we were off to breakfast at Daniel Stuart's again - we're going to start exploring other breakfast venues soon! From there, Syl and I did end up going shooting - Service Pistol - and while it was good to be shooting, it wasn't the best match we've been to. The targets for Service Pistol are all black - which means that when you're shooting from 50m away (we didn't) it's all but impossible to see where your bullets have hit ... making it very difficult to correct your shots as you go. And it seemed almost impossible from 7m away to hit the target - Syl did much better than I - because you shoot 2 mags (5 bullets each) at the targets without "sighting" - you hold your gun at waist level and fire them off. It's hard to see the target even at that distance so 10 shots later I managed to get one - yes one only - bullet (yes, and just by luck me thinks) into the target.

Service Pistol

But the day wasn't all about fun ... Syl was on board with some more moving - taking things off to the dump and another load of things still at Latimers - to Jannie. And I'm not quite finished yet - I think there's another one or two loads - not counting the things I had put straight from Lars boot (remember Lars?) into Bertha's boot. I had been meaning to take them out before now but have been ... well ... slack.

Chicken and mat!
Best chair ever!

Mouse and M dropped in (M phoned first) this afternoon - and Mouse bought a housewarming gift with her ... which will remind us of her every time we arrive home - as will the chicken that M gave Sooz some time ago which sits out the front as well.

I think I have been remiss to this point but not yet having mentioned that M was absolutely wonderful helping with the move - including the "first day" and food boxes she sent over with us and the work she did packing up our goodies from the kitchen ... and loaning us a kettle until we get another one (yes, yes, I may have been too rash in throwing out our old one when I found it in the shed the other day). Not to mention how helpful she was in driving Sooz around to look at places before we found Jannie, and then, once we had, helping Sooz to keep various appointments and such. Thank you ... thank you ... thank you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment