Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sunday

I think the Plovers have moved on. I haven't seen them for a couple of days now. But we do still have chicks - Sooz heard them this morning - and I had suspected as much because the parent bird has been on the nest "differently'! So ... more swallows!

The Jam Queen

Syl came out after shooting today to help with The Shed - Phase I. The big stuff that is destined for the tip has now made it into her trailer ready to go - once a few more items join them. But at last it feels a start has been made - and now the job has started it should get easier to force myself into the shed to do the next part - repacking boxes and sending the things we no longer want or need off to other homes.

The Markets were good this morning - a small crowd bu`t entertaining. Mouse had her usual selection of jams (and then some) ... prompting Mi to say that Mouse was "The Jam Queen" - which was definitely worth a photograph, and then posting that photo on FaceBook for the Turkish contingent (and others) to see.

It's always good to support local business and we had Pizza for dinner tonight. The trainee there almost nailed the order ... there were anchovies on only one half of the Supreme Pizza, and there was pineapple on the Vegetarian Pizza, but both were large which in one way is good because it meant there are leftovers for later in the week when we don't feel like cooking. (I use that as a very loose "we" because we know I don't.)

I have started working out a timetable for the move, including the sequencing of some events which are dependent on other events. I am using the iPad to help, rather than a whiteboard because I fear that by the time I realised there is no "undo" on the whiteboard, it would be too late!

M is still deciding on the features of her new vehicle and I think we are now only a couple of days away from her placing an order.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment