Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Monday

Tinka had a two-course breakfast this morning - three if you count both lots of cookies! She doesn't often ask for cookies as well as her broth - but she seemed to enjoy them both - or should that be "all"?

Drums, palings and fog

Maggie was funny this morning. When I woke up she was already prowling around the bedroom looking for a way out - and she followed me down to the front door (okay, she actually beat me there) and scooted outside as soon as it was opened. When Pearl ambled down, hoping to score some leftover cat brekkie, I ushered her outside (she knows the rules) only to have Maggie Bolt back in. She then tried to move Tinka on from her food bowl but, uncharacteristically, Tinka was not budging!

Snake thumper

And if only we could have said the same about M today. She was a little worse for wear this afternoon following her run-in with something on the floor in one of the Ferry Road Market shops. she skidded and went flying, hurting her shoulder and knee on the way down and across the rooms. Sooz was with her to prevent her from bouncing up before she'd had a chance to assess the damage. Thankfully, there wasn't much - as confirmed by a visit to the Docs although you could tell by the way she walked and held her arm that there was soreness involved.

Trivia - equal third until the tie-break and then we were fourth. There's nothing like having a consistent record of failure on those tie-breaks. I think though that we have managed to win one along the way at some point, but that's not enough! And I think we're all missing those bistro and beverage vouchers! Hurry back St and Ni is all I can say; we have a feeling they may be able to save us from ourselves!

M has moved one of the snake thumpers up to outside the shed. I'd thought of doing it but been frozen to inaction when I thought about where to place one: would any snakes already in there be trapped - and come tumbling out as soon as the door opened to escape whatever it is the thumpers do? I'll see if I'm game to go in there tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment