Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Monday

It was a good drive in to work this morning save for the roadworks and the oversize vehicle - but still I managed to get to Zarraffas at Nerang in around 20 minutes. I had thought it would take a bit longer and it probably will if I don't leave ridiculously early (that was this morning) or go another way.
I was pleased though because as I drove along the Motorway I could see the balloons and picture where they were over Nerang - skirting Latimers as they often do.

I had time to eat my toast at Zarraffas this morning - something I haven't done for a good while, and because of that I had time to check my mail - and see the invitation to watch Co and Mi renew their vows (barely just over two weeks old) at the Elvis Chapel in Las Vegas via Webcam. So I did - on the iPhone as I sat at my desk working. There was singing (by the Elvis impersonator/celebrant) and dancing (by Co and Mi), and the exchanging of rings… and there was kissing… I'm still not sure if Co was actually trying to kiss Elvis. But they both (well, all) looked just fabulous.l popped into Latimers this afternoon to collect more boxes and the clothes from M's wardrobe, and the gear from the back of (Bertha) the 4-Wheel Drive. - there's still a little more but that should be finished this week.I made it home for a mini-rest before we set off for Trivia… that was the plan anyway - until An rang from the Club to say they were having a function (and expecting around a thousand folk) so Trivia was cancelled. I was very disappointed: I'd been looking forward to seeing St and him shepherding us back onto that podium!

No comments:

Post a Comment